Thinking of eloping in Bend, Oregon?! Here are some of my favorite reasons why Bend is an incredible destination for elopements and intimate weddings year around!
- Scenic beauty: Central Oregon is home to a diverse range of natural landscapes, including mountains, forests, and deserts. This makes it a perfect location for any style of outdoor wedding or elopement you could dream up!
- Privacy: Central Oregon is less crowded than many other popular wedding destinations! With similar landscapes and views to Colorado, couples who choose to elope here can enjoy a greater degree of privacy and seclusion.
- Adventure: Central Oregon is known for outdoor activities like hiking, biking, fishing, and skiing, so it can be a great destination for adventure-loving couples.
- Year-round destination: Central Oregon can be a year-round destination for your wedding, with a variety of seasons that can offer different kind of sceneries for your special day.
When to Elope in Bend, Oregon
The best time to elope in Central Oregon depends on your preferences and what you’re looking for in a wedding location. Here are a few things to consider when choosing a time to elope in Bend:
- Weather: Central Oregon’s weather varies depending on the season, so you’ll want to consider what type of weather you’re comfortable with. For example, if you’re looking for warm, sunny weather, summer or fall would be a good time to elope. If you prefer cooler weather, spring or early winter would be a better option.
- Scenery: The scenery in Central Oregon also changes with the seasons, so you’ll want to choose a time that aligns with the type of landscape you want for your elopement. For example, if you want to elope in a snow-covered landscape, winter would be a good time to visit. If you want to elope in a lush, green forest, spring or summer would be a better option.
- Popularity: Central Oregon is a popular destination, so you’ll want to consider how busy it is when you plan to visit. For example, summer and fall are the most popular seasons for tourists, so if you want to avoid crowds, consider eloping in the late spring or winter.
In general, early summer and fall are the best seasons to elope in Central Oregon as the weather is mild, the scenery is beautiful and the crowds are less.
Where to Elope in Bend
Oregon offers a wide range of options for couples looking to have a unique and intimate wedding. Here are a few ideas for eloping near Bend:
- Smith Rock State Park: This iconic state park offers a variety of scenic locations for elopements, including cliffs, rocky outcroppings, and scenic vistas. It’s also a popular spot for rock climbing, hiking, and picnicking, making it a great destination for adventure-loving couples.
- Tumalo State Park: This park is located just outside of Bend and offers a serene setting for an elopement. The park has a large lake and a beautiful waterfall, making it a great spot for a nature-inspired ceremony.
- The Deschutes River Trail: This scenic trail runs along the Deschutes River and offers a variety of locations for elopements, including riverside meadows, rocky outcroppings, and scenic bridges.
- Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort: Mt. Bachelor Ski Resort is located just outside of Bend and offers a variety of locations for elopements, including scenic vistas, ski runs, and a scenic chair lift ride.
- Private Ranch: There are many private ranches around Bend that offer a secluded and intimate setting for an elopement. Many of these ranches have stunning views of the Cascade Mountains and offer a rustic, outdoor setting for your special day.
Where to Stay for Your Oregon Elopement
There are many options for where to stay when planning an elopement in Central Oregon, depending on your preferences and budget. Here are a few options to consider:
- Hotels and resorts: Bend, Oregon and the surrounding area have a wide range of hotels and resorts that offer comfortable accommodations and a variety of amenities. This can be a great option if you’re looking for a more traditional wedding experience.
- Vacation rentals: Vacation rentals, such as cabins, cottages, and vacation homes, can provide a more private and secluded setting for your elopement. This is a good option if you want to have a more intimate, home-like atmosphere.
- Glamping: Glamping, or luxury camping, is a popular option for elopements in Central Oregon. This allows you to experience the beauty of nature while still having access to modern amenities and comforts.
Ultimately, the best option for you will depend on your preferences and budget. Consider what type of atmosphere you want for your elopement and what amenities are important to you.
How to Start Planning Your Elopement
As your elopement photographer I will help guide you through the entire process, and help plan the day of your dreams! Here are some initial steps you can take to plan your Oregon elopement:
- Select a location: Choose a location that is meaningful to you and your partner and also aligns with your preferences. It could be a place that holds a special significance to you, or a place with a specific type of scenery or activity you want to include in your elopement.
- Obtain a marriage license: Make sure to obtain a valid marriage license from the county you plan to get married in. You should do this at least a week before your elopement to ensure that everything is in order.
- Choose vendors: Choose vendors who can help you with the logistics of your elopement, such as a photographer, officiant, and florist, if desired. Make sure to read reviews and look at portfolios to ensure that you find vendors that align with your style and budget.
- Plan your ceremony: Decide on the details of your ceremony, such as the time, location, and format. You may also want to consider writing your own vows or incorporating special traditions into your ceremony.
- Make travel arrangements: Make travel arrangements for yourself, your partner, and any guests who will be attending your elopement. This includes transportation, accommodations, and activities.
- Enjoy your special day: Finally, remember to relax and enjoy your special day! Eloping is about focusing on the most important thing, which is the love between you and your partner.
Thinking of eloping in Bend or Central Oregon?! Contact me and we can start planning! I can’t wait to help you dream up an elopement that is uniquely yours! In the meantime, check out my recent Oregon elopement blog for more inspiration!