There is a small town in Idaho’s Sawtooth mountain range known as Stanley – it is located in central Idaho, known for its natural beauty and outdoor recreation opportunities. It is the perfect place for an elopement. It offers a wide variety of scenic backdrops for the ceremony, including mountains, forests, and rivers. Some popular locations for elopements in Stanley include Redfish Lake, Sawtooth National Recreation Area, and the Sawtooth Mountains.
Why Should You Elope in Stanley, Idaho?
- Natural beauty: Stanley is surrounded by breathtaking natural landscapes, including the Sawtooth Mountains, which offer the perfect backdrop for an intimate and romantic elopement ceremony.
- Privacy: With its small population and remote location, Stanley offers a sense of privacy and seclusion that is hard to find in more populated areas.
- Adventure: Stanley is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts, and there are plenty of opportunities for adventure, such as hiking, camping, and fishing. This can make your elopement experience even more special and memorable.
- Cost: Eloping in Stanley can be more cost-effective than a traditional wedding. You can save money on things like wedding venues, catering, and decorations, and instead focus on creating an intimate and personal experience for you and your partner.
- Flexibility: Eloping in Stanley allows you to create a wedding ceremony that is tailored to your unique tastes and preferences. You can choose the location, the time, and the details that are most important to you and your partner.
- Small town charm: Stanley has a unique small town charm, it is a charming and welcoming place that offers a variety of amenities for visitors, including hotels, restaurants, and shops.
All of these factors combined make Stanley, Idaho a perfect destination for an elopement. With its natural beauty, privacy, and adventure opportunities, Stanley offers the perfect setting for a romantic and intimate wedding ceremony.
What Time of Year Should You Elope in The Sawtooth Mountains?
The best time of year to elope in Stanley, Idaho depends on personal preferences and the specific activities and experiences that you want to have during your elopement. However, here are a few general considerations to keep in mind:
- Summer (June-August)
- The weather is typically warm and sunny, making it ideal for outdoor activities such as hiking, camping, and fishing. However, it can be quite busy with tourists, so it may be harder to find private locations for your ceremony.
- Fall (September-November)
- The fall season offers beautiful colors and scenery, with the changing leaves, and cooler temperatures. It’s also a less busy season, making it a great time to find a secluded spot for your ceremony.
- Winter (December-February)
- Stanley receives a fair amount of snowfall in the winter, making it a picturesque destination for a winter elopement. Skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling are popular activities during this season.
- Spring (March-May)
- The spring season is a great time to see wildflowers blooming and the snow melting off the mountains. The weather is mild and you’ll see less people than the summer.
Ultimately, the best time to elope in Stanley, Idaho will depend on the type of experience you want to have, as well as your personal preferences. If you’re looking for a secluded and intimate ceremony, it may be best to plan your elopement for a shoulder season, such as spring or fall. If you’re looking for an active and adventurous elopement, then the summer or winter might be the best choice.
Sawtooth Mountain Elopement Activities
Stanley, Idaho offers a wide variety of activities for couples looking to elope. Some popular options include:
- Hiking: The Sawtooth National Recreation Area, which surrounds Stanley, offers a vast network of trails that can take you to some of the most beautiful and secluded locations in the area. Some popular trails include the Sawtooth Lake Trail, the Alpine Way Trail, and the Fishhook Creek Trail.
- Fishing: Stanley is known for its world-class fishing opportunities, with several rivers and streams that are home to a variety of fish species, including trout and salmon.
- Camping: Stanley has several campgrounds in the area, many of which are located in the Sawtooth National Recreation Area. These campgrounds offer a great way to get away from it all and enjoy the natural beauty of the area.
- Skiing and snowshoeing: During the winter, Stanley is a popular destination for skiing and snowshoeing. There are several ski areas located within a short drive of the town, including Soldier Mountain Ski Area and Sun Valley Ski Resort.
- Hot Springs: Stanley is home to several natural hot springs, including Kirkham Hot Springs, which is located in the Sawtooth National Forest. These hot springs offer a relaxing way to soak in the natural beauty of the area.
- Scenic drives: Stanley is located in the heart of the Sawtooth Scenic Byway, a beautiful drive that takes you through the heart of the Sawtooth Mountains, past alpine lakes, and through the forested valleys.
Hair and Makeup: kkbeautyllc
Florals: Costa Floral
Cake and Desserts: Emmeli’s Cake
Decor Design: Living Dream Design
Jewelry: Opal and June
Interested in eloping in the Sawtooth Mountains?! Contact me and let’s start the planning process!