Breckenridge, Colorado is one of my favorite places to recommend to couples who want to elope in Colorado! The town offers picturesque mountain views, outdoor activities, and a variety of alpine lakes, restauraunts/breweries, and incredible hiking and off-roading opportunities.
Where to Elope in Breckenridge
There are many beautiful and unique locations in Breckenridge where couples can elope. Some popular options include:
- The top of a mountain: Take a gondola or chairlift to the top of a mountain for a breathtaking ceremony with panoramic views of the surrounding mountains.
- A secluded forest: Breckenridge has many beautiful forests where couples can exchange vows in a secluded, natural setting. With options to hike, off-road, or book a helicopter!
- A river or Alpine lake: Breckenridge is surrounded by beautiful rivers and lakes, and many of them offer picturesque spots for an intimate ceremony.
Ultimately, the best place to elope in Breckenridge will depend on your personal preferences and the type of ceremony you envision.
What Time of Year Should You Elope in Breckenridge
The best time of year to elope in Breckenridge will depend on your personal preferences and the type of ceremony you envision.
Summer (June to August) is a popular time to elope in Breckenridge as the weather is typically warm and sunny, and the wildflowers are in bloom. This is also a good time for outdoor activities like hiking and biking.
Fall (September to November) is another great time to elope in Breckenridge as the aspen trees turn golden and the weather is mild. This is also a good time for outdoor activities like hiking and fishing.
Winter (December to February) is a great time to elope in Breckenridge if you like winter sports and activities. The town is famous for its skiing and snowboarding and offers a beautiful winter wonderland setting.
Spring (March to May) is also a great time to elope in Breckenridge, as the weather is mild and the wildflowers are starting to bloom. This is also a good time for outdoor activities like hiking and fishing.
Keep in mind that regardless of the season, the weather in the mountains can be unpredictable, so it’s a good idea to have a backup plan as well as a jacket in case of weather!
Breckenridge Elopement Activities
There are many activities that couples can enjoy before or after their elopement ceremony in Breckenridge, Colorado. Some popular options include:
- Skiing or snowboarding: Breckenridge is famous for its skiing and snowboarding, and couples can enjoy a day on the slopes while saying their vows in a secluded spot!
- Hiking: The town is surrounded by beautiful mountains and forests, and there are many hiking trails that couples can explore.
- Hot springs: There are many hot springs in the area where couples can relax and unwind.
- Snowmobiling: If you want to explore the beautiful mountain landscape in a different way, couples can rent snowmobiles and take a tour.
- Dog sledding: For a truly unique experience, couples can take a dog sled tour through the snowy mountains.
- Zip lining: There are a few places in the area where couples can experience the thrill of zip lining through the mountains.
- Spa treatments: After the ceremony, couples can indulge in a spa treatment to relax and unwind.
Why You Should Hit Multiple Photo Locations
There are several reasons why couples may choose to go to multiple locations for photos during their elopement:
- Variety: Going to multiple locations for photos can provide a wide range of backdrops and settings for your photos, giving you a variety of images to choose from.
- Unique images: Each location will offer a different look and feel, allowing you to capture unique and special images that reflect the different aspects of your relationship and personalities.
- Personalization: By choosing specific locations that have meaning to you, such as a spot where you first met or where you got engaged, you can personalize your photos and make them even more special.
- Logistics: If your elopement ceremony and reception are held in different locations, going to multiple locations for photos allows you to capture images at both locations.
- Adventure: Eloping often means choosing a unique place, the adventure of going to multiple locations can add to the excitement of your elopement and make it even more memorable.
- Weather: Going to multiple locations can also be a good idea if the weather is uncertain, as it allows you to have photos taken in different lighting conditions and backdrops.
Keep in mind that going to multiple locations for photos during your elopement can take more time, so it’s important to plan ahead and make sure you have enough time in your schedule to do so. Additionally, make sure to communicate your preferences to your photographer and plan the locations in advance.
Ashly and Tyler
Ashly and Tyler travelled from Michigan to say their vows with their close friends and family! They rented an airbnb for a reception with food, drinks, and first dances. Their immediate family stayed with them, and they spent the week exploring the area, off-roading, hiking, and checking out breweries. Colorado has always been a special place to them, so it was exciting to get to bring their friends and family out to visit
Thinking of eloping in Breckenridge Colorado?! Contact me for next steps and for help planning your dream day!