Considering a Canyonlands National Park elopement that stands out from the crowd? Its awe-inspiring landscapes offer an extraordinary backdrop for your elopement, with Moab and Arches National Park just short drives away. I’m here to help you plan every detail, from logistics to permits and more. In this guide, we’ll delve into why Canyonlands is perfect for your elopement and how I can assist in making your vision a reality. Let’s get started on crafting your unforgettable Canyonlands elopement.
Where to Stay
Moab, Utah, is the gateway to this natural wonderland, offering a range of accommodations that suit various preferences and budgets. Here are a few standout options:
- Sorrel River Ranch Resort & Spa: Nestled along the Colorado River, this luxurious ranch-style resort provides a serene oasis. With upscale rooms, stunning river views, and on-site amenities, it’s an excellent choice for couples seeking a touch of elegance.
- Red Cliffs Lodge: Immerse yourselves in rustic charm at this lodge perched above the Colorado River. Bask in the views of red rock formations and enjoy comfortable accommodations, complete with Western-inspired decor.
- Under Canvas Moab: For couples seeking a unique experience, this glamping site offers luxury tents with modern amenities. Located just minutes from the park, it combines comfort with a close connection to nature.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Moab: If you’re looking for a comfortable and convenient stay, this hotel offers spacious suites equipped with kitchenettes. It’s a great option for couples who value extra space and home-like comforts.
- Archview RV Resort & Campground: Embrace the outdoors with RV sites, camping spots, and even cabins at this campground. It’s an ideal choice for couples who love camping and want to be surrounded by nature.
When planning your stay, remember that Moab can get quite busy, especially during peak seasons. Be sure to book your accommodation well in advance to secure your preferred choice and make the most of your Canyonlands elopement experience.
Canyonlands National Park Elopement Locations
Canyonlands National Park is diverse with tons of locations to exchange your vows. Here are a few of my favorites to consider:
- Mesa Arch: Famous for its stunning sunrise views, Mesa Arch offers a magical backdrop for your ceremony. The arch frames the La Sal Mountains, creating an awe-inspiring atmosphere.
- Green River Overlook: With panoramic views of the Green River and beyond, this spot provides a dramatic setting for your elopement. The overlook’s vastness will make your ceremony truly special.
- Island in the Sky: This high mesa offers numerous viewpoints and trails, each with its own unique charm. Choose a spot that resonates with your love story for a personalized touch.
Best Times of Year to Elope in Canyonlands
The beauty of Canyonlands National Park changes with the seasons. Spring (April to May) and fall (September to October) are popular times due to milder temperatures and vibrant colors. Winter elopements can offer solitude and a serene atmosphere, while summer elopements are for those who can handle the heat. Research each season to find the backdrop that suits your vision.
Canyonlands National Park Elopement Permits
You’ll need a special use permit from the National Park Service in order to have a Canyonlands National Park elopement. These permits help preserve the park’s natural beauty while allowing you to celebrate your special day. The application process involves a small fee and should be completed well in advance. Don’t forget to review the park’s regulations to ensure a respectful and eco-friendly event. When you book me as your photographer, I will take care of all of the permit information! This way you two don’t have to get hung up in the logistics!
What to Pack for Your Canyonlands National Park Elopement
- Wedding Dress and Tux: Make sure you’re able to move around easily
- Jackets and Hats: If opting for a sunrise or sunset elopement, the desert can get cold! Although its hot during the day, remember to bring layers!
- Hiking boots: if you’re planning on hiking or walking around on the rocks at overlooks, remember to bring a pair of comfortable hiking boots.
- Sun protection: Pack sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, and light layers to shield yourself from the sun.
- Snacks and water: Stay hydrated and energized throughout the day. I recommend at least 32 oz of water per person, and calorie dense snacks. (Don’t worry if you forget these – I always have extra!)
- Marriage license
- Personalized vows and rings
Canyonlands National Park promises an elopement like no other, surrounded by breathtaking landscapes. With my guidance, your dream celebration can seamlessly come to life. From permits to packing, every detail is covered. Ready to make your Canyonlands elopement a reality? Contact me to start crafting your unforgettable day!Your Canyonlands National Park elopement awaits – let’s create it together.