Are you and your partner seeking an intimate and picturesque setting for your wedding day? Look no further than an Arches National Park elopement. With its iconic red rock formations and breathtaking landscapes, this park offers a unique backdrop that will make your special day truly unforgettable. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll cover everything you need to know to plan the perfect Arches National Park elopement, from choosing the right locations and packing essentials to finding accommodation and ensuring your marriage is legally recognized.
Locations for Your Arches National Park Elopement
- Delicate Arch: The most iconic arch in the park, Delicate Arch is a popular spot for elopements. The short hike adds an element of adventure to your ceremony, and the stunning arch against the backdrop of the La Sal Mountains is an unforgettable sight.
- Double Arch: This unique formation features two arches that share the same base, making it a symbolic choice for couples. The expansive space beneath the arches provides a private and picturesque setting.
- Landscape Arch: For couples looking for a serene and more remote location, Landscape Arch offers a tranquil atmosphere and a stunning natural arch as your backdrop.
Check out Canyonlands National Park for more elopement ideas! The national park is right next to Arches National Park, and is a great (and less crowded!) stopover. I also have a ton of hidden and off the beaten path locations for your Arches National Park elopement! When we work together, I will ensure we’re getting the most epic, and secluded views!
Where to Eat After Your Arches National Park Elopement
While there are no restaurants within the park itself, nearby Moab offers a range of dining options! After your elopement, celebrate with a romantic dinner at Sunset Grill for panoramic views or The Desert Bistro for a gourmet experience and one of my favorites!
What to Pack for Your Adventure Elopement
- Appropriate Attire: Choose comfortable yet stylish clothing that suits the desert environment and weather.
- Footwear: Opt for sturdy hiking boots or comfortable sandals for walking on rocky terrain.
- Sun Protection: Don’t forget sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, and lightweight layers to shield you from the sun.
- Hydration and Snacks: Carry ample water and energy-boosting snacks to stay nourished throughout the day.
Where to Stay
Moab, Utah (the town right outside of Arches National Park!) offers a range of accommodations to suit your preferences, from charming bed and breakfasts to cozy cabins and hotels. Consider options like Moab Springs Ranch for a luxurious stay or Red Cliffs Lodge for a rustic yet comfortable experience.
How to Get There
Arches National Park is easily accessible via Moab. You can fly into Canyonlands Field Airport and drive to the park, or take a scenic road trip from major nearby cities. I recommend driving a car instead of flying in! It will be a lot easier to get around town, head into the national parks, and go hiking!
How to Legally Get Married
To make your marriage legally binding, you’ll need to obtain a marriage license from the Grand County Clerk’s Office in Moab. Ensure you meet the necessary requirements and have all the required documents before applying.
Your Arches National Park elopement promises a remarkable experience that blends natural beauty with the start of your lifelong journey together. With stunning locations, essential tips, and practical advice, this guide equips you with everything you need to plan an elopement that perfectly captures your love amidst the breathtaking landscapes of this iconic park.