If you’re looking for a breathtaking and intimate location to say “I do,” a Crested Butte elopement may be for you. This charming mountain town offers stunning natural scenery, a relaxed atmosphere, and a variety of outdoor activities for you and your partner to enjoy. Crested Butte being one of the quieter mountain towns in Colorado allows you to focus on your love and commitment to each other, while surrounded by the beauty of the Colorado Rockies. If you’re ready to start planning your day in one of the most picturesque places in the world, keep reading!
Where to Elope in Crested Butte
Crested Butte, Colorado offers many stunning locations for couples looking to elope in a beautiful mountain setting. Here are five places to consider for your elopement ceremony:
- Gothic Valley – Gothic Valley is a stunning alpine valley surrounded by towering peaks and wildflowers in the summer. This location offers a breathtaking backdrop for your Crested Butte elopement ceremony.
- Kebler Pass – Kebler Pass is a scenic mountain pass that offers incredible views of the Elk Mountains. This location is especially stunning in the fall when the aspen trees turn golden yellow.
- Washington Gulch – Washington Gulch is a picturesque valley located just outside of Crested Butte. This location offers sweeping views of the surrounding mountains and is perfect for couples looking for a secluded spot to exchange vows.
- Oh Be Joyful Creek – Oh Be Joyful Creek is a beautiful mountain creek that runs through a narrow canyon. This location offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and is perfect for couples looking for a peaceful and secluded spot for their elopement ceremony.
- Alpine Lakes and Waterfalls – Crested Butte has an abundance of bright blue lakes and waterfalls to say your vows at!
Where to Stay After Your Crested Butte Elopement
Whether you plan to include guests or to spend the hiking just the two of you, here are some of my favorite rentals in and around Crested Butte! These are great for smaller groups, elopement celebration dinners, or just for you two and your dogs! Crested Butte is a smaller Mountain Town, so consider hiring a caterer or private chef to come to your home after your day out in nature!
Cozy Ranch With Hot Tub – Crested Butte South, Lots of Land, Sleeps 6
Crested Butte Bella Monte – Modern Cabin In the Hills By Mt. Crested Butte, Sleeps 10
Bend it By The Butte – Modern Cabin, Sleeps 7
Luxury Lakeside Home – Modern Cabin, Sits by a lake and surrounded by the Elk Mountains, Sleeps 8
Luxury Home in Town – Central to Crested Butte Town Center, Sleeps 10
Luxury Cabin In-Town – Log cabin located in the historical district of Crested Butte, restored with historical details in mind!
Home With Hot Tub and Sauna – 35 acres of land, right outside of town, sleeps 12
If you need help planning a celebratory dinner at your VRBO Rental, reach out to Wild Social Micro Weddings!
When to Elope in Crested Butte
If you’re imaging a day filled with wildflowers, sunshine, and outdoor adventures, then you’ll definitely want to plan your Crested Butte elopement during the summer months (mid-June to early September). Not only will you be surrounded by vibrant wildflowers as far as the eye can see, but you’ll also have plenty of opportunities to hike, bike, and raft your way through the stunning Colorado Rockies.
While winter may bring snow-covered peaks and world-class skiing, it’s definitely not for the faint of heart! If you’re planning a skiing elopement, want to snow-shoe, ride snowmobiles or curl up with your partner in a cozy cabin the winter could be for you! With less foot traffic on trails you’ll have views all to yourselves.
Looking for a photographer to capture your epic Crested Butte Elopement?! Contact me and let me help plan your day from start to finish! I’m local to Denver but travel all over the state of Colorado documenting adventure elopements in epic places. I’ve hiked all over Crested Butte and the surrounding mountain towns!