Evergreen is one of my favorite places to recommend to couples looking to elope. It’s more low-key than some of the other mountain towns, and closer to Denver (which is great for couples flying in from out of state!) Couples eloping in Evergreen Colorado tend to avoid large crowds and still have epic front range views that are easily accessible!
Where to Elope in Evergreen
Evergreen, Colorado is a beautiful place to elope with its picturesque mountain landscapes and scenic views. Here are some potential locations for your elopement:
- Evergreen Lake: A stunning lake with mountain views, surrounded by trees and a beautiful pavilion that can serve as a ceremony location.
- Alderfer/Three Sisters Park: A park with miles of trails, beautiful rock formations, and stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
- The Barn at Evergreen Memorial Park: A historic barn with stunning mountain views, a beautiful outdoor ceremony site, and indoor reception space.
- Mount Falcon Park: A scenic park with beautiful views of the surrounding mountains and Denver, a historic castle ruins that serves as a beautiful backdrop for ceremonies.
- Red Rocks Park and Amphitheatre: A popular outdoor music venue with stunning red rock formations and panoramic views of Denver and the surrounding mountains.
These are just a few suggestions, but there are many other beautiful locations to choose from in Evergreen and the surrounding areas. Be sure to check with local regulations and permits for any location you choose for your elopement.
When to Elope in Evergreen
The best time to elope in Evergreen, Colorado largely depends on your personal preferences and priorities. Here are some things to consider:
- Weather: Evergreen has a semi-arid climate with four distinct seasons. If you prefer warmer weather, the best time to elope would be in the summer months (June through August). However, if you love the snow and winter activities, winter (December through February) may be a great time to elope.
- Crowds: Evergreen is a popular destination, so if you prefer to avoid crowds, it may be best to elope during the off-season (spring or fall) and on a weekday.
- Scenery: Evergreen is known for its beautiful mountain landscapes and stunning fall foliage. If you want to take advantage of the autumn colors, plan your elopement for September or October.
- Availability: Some wedding venues and vendors may have limited availability during peak wedding season (May through October), so keep this in mind when planning your elopement.
Ultimately, the best time to elope in Evergreen depends on what is important to you and your partner. Consider your preferences and priorities, and then plan accordingly.
What to Bring to Your Evergreen Elopement
When eloping in Evergreen, Colorado, there are a few things you should consider bringing with you to ensure your day is as enjoyable and stress-free as possible. Here are some suggestions:
- Wedding attire: Of course, you will need to bring your wedding attire, including your dress or suit, shoes, accessories, and any other items you need to feel and look your best.
- Marriage license: Don’t forget your marriage license! Make sure you have all the necessary documentation and requirements for obtaining a marriage license in Colorado.
- Rings: Bring your wedding rings and any other jewelry you want to wear for your elopement.
- Photography equipment: If you have hired a photographer or videographer, make sure they have all the necessary equipment to capture your special day.
- Snacks and drinks: You don’t want to get hungry or dehydrated during your elopement. Bring some snacks and drinks to keep you fueled and hydrated throughout the day.
- Comfortable shoes and clothing: You may be doing a lot of walking or hiking during your elopement, so make sure you have comfortable shoes and clothing that are appropriate for the weather and activities you have planned.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent: Depending on the time of year and location you have chosen, you may need sunscreen and insect repellent to protect yourself from the sun and bugs.
- Emergency kit: Bring an emergency kit with items such as band-aids, aspirin, and any other medication you may need.
- Cash: Bring some cash in case you need to pay for parking, entrance fees, or any other unexpected expenses.
These are just some suggestions, but you may have additional items to bring based on your individual needs and preferences. Be sure to plan ahead and make a checklist so you don’t forget anything important on your special day.
Are you planning to elope in Evergreen? If you need help planning contact me for more location and timeline inspiration!